lectured about survey analysis with the r language at the lithuanian institute of human geography and demography. then a few of us stuck around to eat cookies and drink coffee until i found myself with a mouthful of grinds dammit. also added anciasnapis to my quiver of platypi metaphors.
woke at 5:45 for a thirty-minute zombie-stare at this screen, boiled some broccoli, watched coursera lectures, exercised for an hour. that's monday, tuesday, thursday, friday. other mornings more nebulous. oh and i bought berlin-roasted beans from eastern baltic hipsters. but who gives a shit. here are the programming lecture notes:
- x <- rnorm( 100 ) ; hist( x ) ; rug( x )
- plot( 1 , 1 , pch = 20 ) ; legend( "topleft" , legend = "some text" , pch = 20 )
- plot( 1 , 1 , type = "n" ) # plot everything except for the data
- library(lattice) ; xyplot( Ozone ~ Wind | Month , data = airquality , layout = c( 5 , 1 ) )
- names( x ) <- make.names( names( x ) ) # overwrite invalid column names with valid ones
reminded myself about extended bracketing. in the 2nd and 4th columns, blank out all values below zero.
a <- sapply( rep( 10 , 4 ) , rnorm )
a[ , c( 2 , 4 ) ][ a[ , c( 2 , 4 ) ] < 0 ] <- NA
print( a )
shared a strawberry milkshake with a belarusian woman and her infinity shoelaces..
..we walked all of this, she didn't trip once. now you know as much as i do.